Monday, October 20, 2014

Tinder?

Tinder, arguably the hottest new app out there, makes meeting new people fun and easy. You simply swipe right if you like what you see and swipe left if you don't. If someone swipes right for you, then folks, we have a match! Matches then have the option to start messaging and send photos to each other. This dating app is not like other dating sites. It requires that you use your Facebook profile and only Facebook pictures to ensure that people are not lying about their identities. However, there are many flaws to this idea. Anyone can make a fake Facebook profile, don't be so naive Tinder.

tinder.png



Personally, I am not a huge fan of the app at all. This weekend as a joke, I downloaded the app and created a profile. Before this weekend, I was utterly disgusted with Tinder. I mean what kind of people use an app to meet and connect with others around them? I think it's safe to say that I'm also not a fan of online dating, period. I believe that individuals should meet people by chance and in the real world, not on an electronic device. What does that say about our culture? Our society?

To not completely bash Tinder, after experiencing it's so called "magic" first-handed, I can now see why so many people are obsessed over it. When times get lonely and attention is needed, I guess a match on Tinder could brighten your spirits. It's not enough to sell me, sorry Tinder, I'm just an old fashioned hopeless romantic *deletes app*.

No comments:

Post a Comment