Monday, December 8, 2014

Shortage of Supply for L.L.Bean Boots


As I am wrapping up my Introduction to Macroeconomics course, I am glad to see that I have actually learned something , let alone be useful for the real world. I am sure every person in this blog either own a pair of the boots or have already seen more than half of the campus wearing them. They are great for the cold, wet, and snowy weather that we have and will continue to experience. They are ideal for the New England weather.

Well, apparently the company has experienced a shortage of supply of the boots after Black Friday. The demand for the boots are so high that people who have ordered them online may have to wait till February to receive their package. This was a really surprising fact for me. Why do people feel that they specifically need L.L.Bean boots for the winter? I mean I have lived in Boston for ten years and I had never heard or seen anyone wear the brand before I came to Smith. While on campus it seems like the brand is part of Smith's culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment