Friday, September 26, 2014

Hoeing for Halloween


 Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
"High ho, indeed!"

Aladdin
"Be warned: there is a very real possibility that every man you meet will ask if he can take you on a magic carpet ride."



Yes, you read the title of my post correctly. Hoeing for halloween is apparently an on going theme every October 31st, especially for women. As I surfed through the Cosmopolitan online magazine as I often do on my free time, I came across the article titled "10 Disney Movies as 'Sexy' Halloween Costumes." Now, I don't know about you guys but reading both the name Disney and sexy just do not sound quite right in the same sentence. I mean, what can possibly be sexy about seeing a grown woman dressed as characters that you often watch with your younger siblings, cousins, or nephews or nieces? 

Now, the real fun began when I read the descriptions and puns that Cosmopolitan related with the different costumes, I provided two examples above so you guys can better understand my perspective. These puns are offensive for women and very sexualized for men and even though the costumes are created for an adult audience, the fact of the matter is that the foundation of these ideas come from children story books and or movies.

I don't have anything against dressing sexy for halloween, lets face it, it is the one holiday that girls can dress like whores and not be judged for it, well not entirely, well maybe but just not to your face. It is a holiday to have fun and pretend to be someone completely outside of your comfort zones. But seriously can we leave the Disney characters to children, last time I checked being a pedophile is not sexy any day of the year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment